meet calgary naturopathic doctor jacqui klassen, Bsc ND
Your ally in taking control of your digestive health
I'm on a mission to simplify the complexities of your health into manageable steps that produce effective, lasting results.
How do I do achieve this mission? I equip you with the tools necessary to take charge of your health in order to be your best self.
In other words, I am not only your naturopathic doctor i'm your medical advocate, wellness coach, and health teacher.
Who Should Work With Me?
My clinical focus is on guiding both men and women struggling with various gut-related complaints to massively health and harmonious digestive systems.
My empathetic approach to digestive concerns stems from my own personal story of suffering and the journey to healing I've found through naturopathic medicine.
Patients often seek my care because they have (or suspect they might have) Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Small Intestinal Bowel Overgrowth (SIBO), Crohn’s disease (CD), Ulcerative Colitis (UC), Reflux (GERD), uncomfortable bloating, indigestion or irregular bowel movements (constipation or diarrhea).
I also frequently treat concerns such as fatigue, skin disorders, hormone imbalances, menstrual irregularities and hypothyroidism.
In 2008, I obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition & Nutraceutical Science from the University of Guelph. In 2012, I completed the 4-year, post-graduate Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine program at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine in Toronto. I spent two and half years practicing in Ottawa before finding my true home in Calgary with my husband, Darren.
I'm registered with the College of Naturopathic Doctors of Alberta (CNDA) and I'm a member in good standing with the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND). Currently, my practice permit allows me to perform acupuncture, as a restricted activity in Alberta.
Additionally, I act as the Alberta Regional Representative for Cyto-Matrix.
Continuing Education/Course Completions:
- Small Intestinal Bowel Overgrowth (SIBO) Training "Superseding SIBO", 2016 by Dr. Preet Khangura, ND
- CPR-C, 2016
- Emergency Medicine Course, 2015
- Pharmacology Prescribing and Therapeutics Course & Examination, 2015
- Naturopathic Doula Course, Toronto 2012
- Intravenous Nutrient Therapy Certification, Toronto 2012 (*Please note: I am not currently registered to administer IVs in Alberta but I regularly refer and co-manage injection therapies with my colleague, Dr. Nadia Romero, ND)
- Regular attendance at annual and bi-annual naturopathic medical conferences (OAND, CAND, CNDA)